Abacus Technology is seeking a Director of Business Development and Capture Management to support business growth and marketing activities primarily focused on NASA.
- Lead and work with collaborative teams to identify and acquire new business for Abacus and its customers.
- Identify and target specific agencies for growth opportunities based on past performance and contract placement.
- Formulate strategies and plans to close on the opportunities.
- Establish leads/contacts with potential customers, develop and provide company awareness/capabilities briefings, attend marketing/business development conferences/seminars, provide information for bid/no bid decision making, and help develop/foster teaming arrangements with other companies.
- Prioritize and lead capture strategy.
- Assist in the development of marketing and promotional materials, overall proposal strategy, and proposal development.
- 15+ years experience in business development, capture and marketing for U.S. Federal government contractors and demonstrated pattern of success as a leader of business strategy and capture.
- 5 years recent experience and contacts with key NASA customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiar with major Federal government procurement strategies (T&M, FFP, performance-based) and contract vehicles (GWACs/IDIQs).