“The Ambit Group (“Ambit”), a specialty provider of IT modernization, business transformation, and mission support services for the Federal Government, and GreenZone Solutions (“GreenZone”), a leading data management and analytics, cybersecurity, and agile software development provider to the Federal Government, today announced the merger of the two companies.”
“The acquisition was completed in strategic partnership with AE Industrial Partners Structured Solutions I, LP an affiliate of AE Industrial Partners, LP, and financed by Atlantic Union Bank. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.”
“The combination of Ambit and GreenZone creates a highly responsive, agile partner with a 17-year history of enabling government to deliver mission programs and manage complex transformations. Ambit unites its human-centered design approach with GreenZone’s data mastery to maximize efficiency, reduce friction, and recover costs. The newly combined organization is poised to deliver the next generation of government, enabling federal organizations to accelerate their digital transformation goals and enhance both their employee and customer journeys.”
“Ambit and GreenZone will go to market under the Ambit brand. The company has restructured and expanded its leadership team as part of the transaction. Kim Hayes, founder and CEO of The Ambit Group, will continue to lead the strategy and growth of the organization as Co-CEO. Ashequl Hoque, CFO and Partner at Ambit, joins as Co-CEO, and will oversee operations and corporate development. In addition, Qasim Hussain, COO of GreenZone, will serve as the Chief Innovation Officer to drive ideation and new technology solutions. Rounding out the leadership team is former CIO of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center Sandy Peavy as CIO, LC Cook as Chief Growth Officer, and Eric Hansen as SVP of Delivery Operations…”
Source: Ambit Merges with GreenZone to Deliver NEXT Generation of Government, March 2, 2021. GreenZone.
G2X TAKE: GreenZone Solutions, a very fast-growing 8(a) woman-owned small business technology and management consulting firm who specializes in Big Data Solutions, Data Analytics, and Business Intelligence, has joined forces with Ambit Group, a leading provider of IT modernization, business transformation, and mission support services for the Federal Government.
- The news of this merger comes on the heels of GreenZone seeing great success of late, to include as lead on a very successful JV Prime award on the SEC ONE OIT IDIQ (Team GreenZone JV) who netted more than $400M in SEC Applications Management and OIT Management Support Services in the last year alone. More on those awards here.
- Led by CEO Aliya Hussain and COO Qasim Hussain, GreenZone Solutions has emerged over the last few years as a major player across the broader Federal Civilian Sector with past performance that cuts across SEC, CFPB, USPTO, Treasury, USDA and with DHS at TSA, USCIS and ICE. See the full list here.
- In addition to the key contract win this group secured on the $2.5B SEC ONE OIT IDIQ in 2018, GreenZone maintains a Prime position on a number of key contract vehicles, to include 8(a) STARS II, GSA OASIS Pool 1 SB and 8(a), and the SEC QRADS Channel 4 ‐ Analytical Reports and Data Analysis.
- To close out 2020, The Ambit Group recruited LC Cook, looking to leverage his more than two decades of progressively responsible growth and sales experience with industry, as Chief Growth Officer.
- Late in 2019, The Ambit Group announced the purchase of the majority of assets from Agile consulting specialists EndGoal Group to support Ambit’s growing federal consulting practice and extend their federal presence. More here.