The position of the Chief Data Officer (CDO) is in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Office of Information Technology (OIT), in Washington, DC. The CDO is responsible for the agency’s overall data strategy and execution, including governance, policy, business use, and data sharing.
- Convenes and coordinates agency-wide data governance, which is a shared activity among multiple data stewards and supporting officials.
- Leads the agency’s Data Governance Body, including facilitating collaborative activities among the numerous actors with responsibilities and needs for data within the agency.
- Supports the agency’s learning agenda by coordinating data access and management activities that support evidence building, including evaluation, performance reporting, and the analysis of regulations.
- Coordinates with any official in the agency responsible for using, protecting, disseminating, and generating data to ensure that the data needs of the agency are met.
- Engages agency employees, the public, and contractors in using public data assets, and encouraging collaborative approaches on improving data uses;
- Supports the Evaluation Officer of the agency in obtaining data to carry out the functions described in 5 U.S.C. ? 313(d); Ensures the agency follows, to the extent practicable, data management best practices.
- Carries out information resources management strategic planning, including leading the development of the agency’s Open Data Plan.
- Ensures that programs are implemented in alignment with cost-effective, outcome-driven and evidence-based interventions that are responsive to national, state and local priorities.
- Carries out the requirements of the agency with regard to the information collection and control of paperwork, including certifying to OMB the agency’s compliance with 5 CFR 1320.9 and 1320.8(b)(3).
- Manages the agency’s data assets, including the standardization of data format, sharing of data assets, and publication of data assets in accordance with applicable law; Carrying out information dissemination.
- Carrying out records management; establishes an effective data governance system that leads to efficient data-driven decision making…”