“Aptive has an immediate opportunity for a Business Development Director to lead the pursuit and capture of new business within the Department of Homeland Security.”
- Lead and execute all business development and capture activities.
- Work with corporate executives to ensure growth activities produce expected results.
- Lead and execute the full life-cycle business development process through development of BD strategies, opportunity identification & development, and oversee & assist with producing winning proposals.
- Develop and manage a pipeline to ensure revenue meet/exceed the targeted growth.
- Lead and assist with capture activities, including the development of teaming strategies, identification of partners, both for prime and subcontract opportunities, ensuring Aptive has a strong mix between both streams of revenue.
- Drive consistency between the BD strategy (value messages, relationship approach, competitive differentiation, win theme’s), and shepherd actual content work managed by bid team (solution design, pricing and costing, delivery of proposal, planned project management).
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience selling management and IT solutions to government clients; or 12 years of experience working with systems integrators in the Federal Government market including 7 years’ experience in Business Development Management, Program Management/Administration, and/or Capture Management.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years of Government IT services related experience or Master’s degree.
- Applicable industry certifications such as TBM, Shipley, ITIL, Agile or related.
- Experience supporting large Cabinet-level federal agencies.
- Extensive network of Government and industry relationships with Homeland Security customers and major components including, but not limited to: The Department of Homeland Security Headquarters, CIS, The Federal Emergency Management Agency, US Customs and Border protection, and other operational and support components.