G2X TAKE: Looking to leverage Chris “Rocky” Campione’s extensive industry and Government experience, including time with the Department of Energy as Chief Information Officer advising on energy policy, strategic planning, and overall management coordination issues, as well as industry experience providing IT consulting with an emphasis on cyber security and internal communications, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has recruited this senior IT leader as US Public Sector Lead for Security and Compliance.
Prior roles include:
- Chief Information Officer – US Department of Energy
- Vice President, Federal Division – Planet Technologies
- Director of Business Solutions – Planet Technologies
- AWS has had a busy start to 2021 on the recruiting front, so far adding Greg Fletcher to drive Business Development and Capture (Federal Financial Agencies); Sonja Twiford as Strategic Partner Executive; and longtime USPS IT leader Jonathan Pruett as Senior Cloud Service Delivery Manager. AWS Marketplace recently tapped industry leader Nick Miller to lead the US Federal Team.
- AWS was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- It was recently reported that Ann Dunkin, who served as CIO at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) during the second Obama administration, is in line to become CIO at the Department of Energy (DoE). More here.