BAE Systems’ Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S), Intelligence Solutions (IS) Business Area is seeking a Director Business Development to support expansion into two Federal Civilian markets: Department of Commerce and the Department of the Treasury. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Business Development, this leadership position will be responsible for the identification, qualification, development, and winning of efforts in both Departments with a focus on IT & Analytics opportunities through a digital systems engineering approach. Candidates should bring expertise in at least one of these markets with the ability to develop a network and pipeline in the other. This position requires strong selling skills and an entrepreneurial spirit to bring value to customers and our technology partners and drive growth for the business. This individual will be held accountable for pipeline qualification, annual awards, customer meetings, and amount of submitted proposals. In addition, this individual will participate and provide direction to the marketing strategy for these customers to achieve maximum market awareness for the targeted segments.
This position is located in McLean, Virginia and requires weekly travel to company and/or Customer locations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Grow the Commerce and Treasury opportunity pipeline through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities.
- Lead and manage a core capture team to maximize customer engagement and value proposition positioning.
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies.
- Participate in bid decisions, development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers in intelligence community…”
“Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant Business Development experiences.
- Demonstrated experiences in bringing IT and Analytics solutions to either the Department of Commerce or the Department of the Treasury.
- Candidates should have expertise in at least one of these sub-components within the target Departments: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA); Internal Revenue Service (IRS); Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FINCEN); and the Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.
- Track record of success in leading and winning contracts >$50M…”