“Objective – This support is essential to ensuring that users are provided with the necessary support for the systems, network, and software needed to continue to advance GFDL’s and NOAA’s mission. The Contractor shall supply all necessary personnel, supervision, services, materials, and other items as required by each Call Order.”
“Scope – This objective of this procurement is to obtain High Performance Computing (HPC) software development and technical support services for the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL). The scope of this effort shall encompass all of the task areas described in Section 3. This effort does not include provision of IT equipment or software, per se, though contract personnel may help define requirements for equipment, software, and services to be acquired by the Government.
“TASK/WORK AREAS – The following sections describe the type of work that may be ordered under this contract. Unless otherwise noted, the functional areas are considered Low Risk and do not require any privileged access to systems, networks, restricted areas of the facility, or sensitive system data.
Management Support Services – The Contractor shall be capable of providing the following management support services, as needed. Some activities may require that non-disclosure agreements be signed.
- Provide organizational/strategic planning support, to include analysis, long-range planning, option assessment, mission/program analysis, resources and operational effectiveness analysis, and operational and policy-sensitive adjustments. Note that the scope of this element includes the entirety of NOAA’s HPC enterprise.
- Provide surge/quick-reaction support for projects/programs, including developing briefings, analyses, conceptual designs, risk analyses, white papers, and issue papers; providing general technical and programmatic assistance to include project/program outlines; attending meetings, working action items, and following up on unresolved issues. Of particular note with respect to these services is the need to ensure that GFDL’s accomplishments are effectively communicated.
- Prepare specialized technical documentation related to projects, such as charts/graphics/tables/graphs and other materials necessary for presentations and reports, and for acquisition activities (purchase requests, checklists, forms, waivers, budget tracking).
- Develop performance measures (metrics) to be used by management to monitor and analyze organization performance and facilitate actions to be taken to improve or make management decisions regarding effectiveness, efficiency, information dissemination, and processes.
- Review project/program documents to assure compliance with organizational policies and procedures, assist with interpretation of guidance, and provide advisory assistance on proposed policy/process changes.
- Maintain property records associated with projects, ensuring an accurate inventory of any applicable hardware, software and other property; conduct periodic reviews of property status; and arrange for the disposal of property as required, in accordance with regulations.”
“Technical Support Services – The Contractor shall be capable of providing the following technical support services, as needed:
- Application Development
- Software Optimization
- Software Infrastructure Management
- Parallel Tools Development
- Software Development Project Management…”
To register for a free XFactor trial, read more here.