“This position is located in the Center for Analytics (CfA), Office of Management Strategy and Solutions (M/SS), U.S. Department of State. The Chief Data Officer (CDO) also serves as the Managing Director for M/SS’ CfA. The CDO serves as the Department’s leader in transforming data into bold insights that improve management and foreign policy decisions.”
- The CDO’s chief role is to make data accessible, usable, interoperable, and actionable across the enterprise. The CfA’s goals include:
- Building data and analytics products
- Enhancing employee capacity for data and analytics
- Infusing a culture of analytics through enhanced data governance and management
- Modernizing technical infrastructure to support data management and advanced analytics…”
“Description of Duties:
- Lead the Center for Analytics – Oversee the daily operations, planning and execution of activities to support CfA’s mission, including advancing Departmental personnel data analytic skill sets and training, exploring new technologies, maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders, managing budgetary and talent functions, complying with requirements, analyzing and implementing policies, and ensuring best practices on data architecture matters.
- Govern Enterprise Data Assets – Ensure data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure, and timely to support the mission and activities of the agency; Lead the Enterprise Data Council, including establishing strategic direction and leading the drafting and execution of relevant data governance and analytics strategies.
- Serve as the Department’s Liaison to the Data Analysis Community and Consultant for Technical Expertise – Provide expertise on all new major data-related or data-intensive initiatives. Collaborate with industry experts, academia, other branches of government and the public to promote Department data and data services. This includes participating in events to promote Department data and staying current on the most cutting-edge data technology…”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the State Department may want to influence who applies for this SES role that oversees planning and execution of activities to support the Center for Analytics (CfA) mission, including exploring new technologies and ensuring best practices on data architecture matters.