“This position is located in the Federal Student Aid (FSA) and is responsible for setting the framework in which FSA Financial Management System and all other FSA financial systems operate and defining financial management IT requirements to meet business needs; ensuring interfaces with the Department financial management systems are effective and comply with requirements; and ensuring compliance with all federal and Departmental cybersecurity requirements.”
- Serves as principal advisor to the FSA, Chief Finance Officer (CFO) on all issues pertaining to the FSA financial management systems operation. Provides advice on wide-ranging program policies that shape and control the direction of FSA financial system operations. Ensures that FMS and other FSA financial systems continue to support the Department’s overall mission and strategic plan.
- Promotes the effective and efficient design and development of new financial management systems and modifications to existing systems ensuring systems security and quality assurance for all financial management.
- Manages the security of FMS through ensuring that system risk assessments and certification/accreditation are completed within required timeframes and in accordance with Federal information systems security protocols and published procedures. Addresses significant and potential cybersecurity problems, trends, and weaknesses to mitigate identified risks.
- Directs staff in the development, implementation, operation, security, and maintenance of the FSA Financial Management System (FMS) and all other FSA component financial management systems, and in the development of strategies for the purchase, requirements development, enhancement and maintenance of application software and tools.
- Oversees the development and implementation of complex Government-wide financial management laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines, which affect the financial operation of CFO, FSA and the Department; ensures that each are always in compliance…. “
“The Director, FMSG is responsible for setting the framework in which FMS and all FSA financial system functions operate. To accomplish this mission the Director is tasked with the following:
- Responsible for developing the requirements for FMS application software; provides the federal IT security strategy and direction for the financial management system platform. Providing guidance for permitting access to the financial management systems, application software, and other automation tools. Provides expertise and troubleshooting assistance to other groups.
- Responsible for overseeing the technical requirements for the financial management systems, and enhancements specific to financial management software, and the ongoing research of new technology and enabling software tools; assisting the testing of all modified, enhanced or new software; coordinating the enhancement of currently installed application software with vendors.
- Responsible for reviewing, developing and maintaining the functional integrity of FSA financial management systems and their interfaces to ensure compliance with federal financial reporting requirements; assists with the development of operation policy that supports the software application packages; continues the implementation of planned application software modules and patches (fixes); provides expertise for developing ad hoc and standard reports in FMS…. “
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Education, Federal Student Aid, may want to influence who applies for this SES role that is responsible for setting the framework in which FSA Financial Management System and all other FSA financial systems operate and defining financial management IT requirements to meet business needs.