“This position is part of the US International Development Finance Corporation, Office of Information Technology. This position is the Senior Director for Applications Development. The incumbent exercises broad responsibility for all aspects of the development, modernization, and enhancement of systems and software that directly support the DFC mission.”
- This position is responsible for the software development, data architecture, modeling, design and development of data warehouse and analytics solutions.
- Collects input from stakeholders to develop DFC’s Business Intelligence/Enterprise Data Warehouse strategy and makes recommendations for current data repositories, enterprise application landscape and architecture with a “cloud first” approach.
- Conducts system development and maintenance, including problem analysis, project formation, system design, software selection and purchasing, programming, cost analyses, feasibility studies, testing, documenting, and user training.
- Reviews and approves project schedules with a focus on resource utilization and timing, system analysis, application software development methodologies, and IT software security in support of automation systems, services and facilities.
- Consults with customers to identify software/hardware requirements (including business and technical requirements).
- Translates IT systems requirements into applications prototypes; analyzes alternatives, and recommends solutions relating to the complete life cycle for information systems and information systems components.
- Applies engineering technology, methods, techniques, principles, and concepts to establish optimal system performance with security safeguards.
- Develops or reviews requirements and specifications for systems that meet business automation requirements involving complex or intricate issues or problems.