John Wagner, known as the “Father of Global Entry” for his biometrics and international border management leadership at the Department of Homeland Security’s US Customs and Border Protection, recently launched a new venture, John Wagner Consulting, after retiring from Government in July.
We suspect those firms who support CBP will be reaching out to inquire about the availability of this recognized industry expert, who developed many security and facilitation programs for international travel, such as Global Entry and Automated Passport Control, and was responsible for designing and launching the vision for token-less and touch-less travel by leveraging facial recognition technology.
Prior roles include:
- Deputy Executive Assistant Commissioner – U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Executive Director, Admissibility and Passenger Programs – U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- US Customs Inspector/CBP Officer/Program Manager/Director – U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- ‘Father of Global Entry’ departs CBP amid pandemic and drop in international travel (July 19, 2020)
- John Wagner: CBP making re-entry quicker, smoother for citizens (March 2, 2018)