G2X TAKE: Beating out three other bidders, Steampunk, a small business consultancy focused on being a change agent in the Federal contracting industry, has been awarded a new 5-year task with the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of the Inspector General to provide IT Support Services. The task, valued at $41M, was awarded as a small business set-aside action using CIO-SP3 SB.
- This is the just the latest in a string of recent wins across DHS for this rapidly emerging technology partner, to include a 5-year DHS ICE VSPTS IT Services O&M and Products task; a DHS OCIO FedRAMP Technical Review and Analysis Support Services task; a 3-year $6.4M DHS CBP Salesforce Program Architecture Plus support task; a 2-year $4.7M DHS CBP OIT Salesforce Center of Innovation support contract; and a recent DHS USCIS Identity Management Strategy Development and Implementation support task.
- Steampunk was also among the awardees who picked up USCIS Services for Product Engineering and Enterprise Delivery (SPEED) tasks, adding just over $75M. More here.
- Steampunk continues to be very busy adding and promoting key talent as they position for growth. Some relevant moves of late include tapping growth leader and former Salesforce Area VP Max Licht to serve as Executive VP for their Citizen Service & Defense Portfolio; adding industry leader and digital transformation SME Jeff Owen as VP of Operations; recruiting FedCiv growth leader and DHS SME Samantha Young last year to serve as VP of Sales; and the recent addition of Matt Kelley, looking to leverage his perspective gained leading the Cyber Strategy, Resources and Performance subdivision within the Cyber Security Division (CSD) of CISA as a new Senior Director for Cyber Strategy.
- Matt Warren, Steampunk CEO, was honored as one of 36 G2X Change Agent Awardees. Nominated and selected by his peers, this award recognizes Federal IT and Consulting leaders from industry and Government who are working every day to take calculated risks and positively disrupt the Federal market, while having a measurable impact on the culture and the critical missions of the organizations they serve. More here.
- Steampunk was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come and it was recently named to the list of Federal Civilian Companies Recognized by Inc. for Astounding Growth.
Award ID: 70VT1521F00030
Referenced IDV ID: 75N98120D00251