“The Principal Director, Office of Innovation and Collaboration is located within the Department of Homeland Security’s Science and Technology Directorate and provides DHS Components and the Homeland Security Enterprise with access to cutting-edge technology and high-impact solutions through partnerships and oversees R&D efforts through Federally Funded Research and Development Centers, Industry Partnerships, International Partnerships, Office of National Laboratories, and University Programs.”
- Assists the Executive Director in creating and promoting a strategic vision for the OIC designed to enhance teaming and cooperative activities in support of the HSE.
- Provides expert advice and guidance to the Office, which includes building and sustaining an environment for the successful execution of the Office’s disparate mission areas, encouraging teamwork in developing solutions and working issues, and ensuring the directorate maintains a positive, forward-looking approach such that its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, professional, and positive manner.
- Supports the Executive Director to provide tools to transition products from laboratory to market and support the commercialization of DHS developed technologies for use by the HSE.
- Assists the Executive Director in developing and executing outreach strategies, focused on building stronger relationships and increasing strategic communication in support of homeland security efforts with partners across government, industry, and internationally, as well as internally within S&T and DHS.
- Assists the Executive Director in establishing and executing technology scouting programs to leverage R&D technologies with private sector, international, and interagency partners.
- The Principal Director supports the Executive Director in overseeing the administration of the Office’s planning, programming, and budgeting activities for multiple state locations and a staff in excess of 800 as well as execution of the Group’s budget. Includes evaluation to ensure resources are within budget guidelines according to all current laws and regulations.
- The Principal Director supports the Executive Director in managing the award of funding in the form of competitive, merit-reviewed grants, cooperative agreements, or contracts to public or private entities, including businesses, Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) and universities.