Notice ID NIST-NOI-21-01573
“The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) intends to negotiate, on a sole source basis, under authority of FAR 13.106-1(b) (1), with IZUM, Inc. located at 12506 Stoney Creek Road of Potomac, MD for advanced research and development expertise for the Advanced Network Division (ANTD) at NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The Advanced Network Technology Division (ANTD) requires a new contract for Artificial Intelligence Assisted Wireless Communication Networks for Wide Area Monitoring. This new project will continue efforts of the synchrophasor communication and Measurement of the Power Grid. IZUM, Inc. has extensive experience and knowledge in communication and networking protocols (Smart Grid, Vehicular communications, 5G Wireless Communications, Time-triggered Networks, Mesh Network, SAE, and EMSA). IZUM, Inc. also has the following expertise specifically required for this new project:
- Extensive knowledge in smart grid Wide Area Measurement Systems
- Extensive knowledge of time-triggered networks and implementation
- Extensive theoretical knowledge and practical experience in ethernet-based networks and synchrophasor networks
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing 5G mobile and wireless communication networks
- Proficiency in the use of OMNET++, ns2 and EMTP network modeling and developing codes for the grid simulation tool in order to build upon the test tool developed during the course of this project
Additionally, IZUM INC. is completing work on the Reliability Assessment of time-triggered networks for Smart Grid, Hybrid Wired/Wireless Communications, Intra-vehicle communication project. This project is the predecessor to the Testbed Implementation for Wide Area Monitoring and Measurement of the Power Grid project, and only IZUM has the knowledge and expertise gained through this predecessor project that is necessary for successful completion of the Testbed Implementation for Wide Area Monitoring and Measurement of the Power Grid project. Awarding this acquisition to any other source will pose significant quality, schedule and cost risk.
A determination by the Government not to compete the proposed acquisition based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement.
No solicitation package will be issued. This notice of intent is not a request for competitive quotations. However, responses received by June 5, 2021 will be considered by the Government…”