“The incumbent serves as the Department’s Chief Data Officer (CDO) and manages the data assets of the agency (lifecycle data management) including the standardization of data format, sharing of data assets, and publication of data assets in accordance with applicable laws and federal guidelines.
As the Chief Data Officer you will:
- Serve as the Chair of DOE’s Data Governance Board in accordance with the “Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018 (Evidence Act).”
- Lead agency efforts to track data collections, data purchases, databases, physical data models as well as determine cross-cutting linkages between data sets.
- Leads statistical analysis of initiatives with focus on improving agency data collection and maintenance standards and recommends strategies to ensure and improve data integrity.
- Identifies opportunities to improve organizational outcomes using data, builds and oversees predictive models, and interpret data to highlight novel insights.
- Review agency data set asset infrastructure, in coordination with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) with the goal to reduce barriers that inhibit data accessibility.
- Ensures that the agency maximizes its use of data, including to produce evidence, regulatory analyses, cybersecurity, and the improvement of agency operations.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Energy (DOE) may want to influence who applies for this position which will be responsible for leading agency efforts to track data collections, data purchases, databases and physical data models and reviewing agency data set asset infrastructure, in coordination with the CIO, with the goal to reduce barriers that inhibit data accessibility.