Notice ID: 140A1621R0008
“IA is made up of the Assistant Secretary for Indian Affairs (AS-IA), the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), and the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE). The Office of Information Management Technology (OIMT) provides information technology (IT) support and services for all of IA. The OIMT consists of federal and contractor staff who manage a complex and diverse IT infrastructure for the IA workforce of just under 10,000 employees. IA staff and resources are located in urban and rural areas, as well as, BIE operated schools throughout the US…”
“In the areas of project management, IT Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), configuration management (CM), strategic/business management, digital services, and governance, the DPMBS is responsible for orchestrating a Bureau-wide IT investment and information management process. This process is designed to support a cadre of IT Project Managers (PM) and other mission program representatives in the efficient and effective planning, development, implementation, operation and maintenance of IT investments, as well as, strategic planning and management of information. This is accomplished by developing procedures and practices in alignment with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and DOI direction for information management. In addition, guides, templates, forms, and coordinated information collection/reviews are provided to support IT project, investment and portfolio management. These efforts are meant to ensure the IT Portfolio supports the IA mission programs and business needs while minimizing risks throughout the investment’s life cycle.”
“The base year is 11 May 2021-10 May 2022. This overlaps the current contract by 30 days to allow for the phase-in period.”
- Program and Project Management Support – Provide program and project management support services, including the development and tracking of project related documentation in alignment with DOI‘s IT governance framework and OMB requirements, including Capital Planning and Information Security, using a standard project management methodology.
- Strategic Business Planning Support – Provide IT strategic planning support to ensure the IT business mission needs of the Bureau drive IT planning efforts and align with Department-wide goals and initiatives.
- Business Analysis Support – Assist programs with mapping their existing business processes, analyzing workflows, identifying alternative approaches to improve efficiencies, and implementing changes when required.
- Life Cycle Management Support – Assist IA with the efficient and effective modernization of our overall Life Cycle Management approach.
- IT Investment Management Support – Provide CPIC services in the areas of IT portfolio management and OMB Exhibit developments, IT investment analysis and control, Earned Value Management, and IT investment management process improvement.
- Governance Support – Assist in the development, production, and execution management of a Bureau IT investment management governance framework, to include: Life cycle management manual, Capital Planning guidelines and directives, IT Security guidelines and directives, and Enterprise Architecture (EA) guidelines and directives. This includes necessary documentation, facilitation, and coordination of…”