This position is located in the Office of Natural Resources Revenue (ONRR), within the Office of the Assistant Secretary – Policy, Management and Budget. The position is located in Lakewood, CO, and reports directly to the Deputy Director, ONRR.
ONRR is responsible for managing all program activities to collect, account for, and disburse an average of $10 billion yearly in revenues from offshore Federal mineral leases and onshore mineral leases on Federal and Indian lands.
- Principal technical advisor to the Director and Deputy Director for all matters involving IT modernization programs, initiatives, policies, and practices, involving the decommissioning of legacy systems and streamlining of business processes.
- Oversees business process reengineering follow-on activities, including development of a business analysis checklist, conduct of thorough market research, management of organizational change, and identification of implementation challenges.
- Manages and directs the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of ONRR?s modernized IT system(s).
- Oversees the execution of ONRR?s modernization plan, which provides for the selection of new technologies and application of re-engineered business processes for critical functional areas.
- Directs IT modernization-related activities to ensure the appropriateness of system design, development, deployment, and security functions. Determines the appropriate policies necessary to meet security requirements for the new system(s).
- Ensures that IT and other resources are procured and utilized to maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversees capital planning and budgeting associated with implementation of the modernized IT systems and ensures an enterprise-wide view of all IT-related budgetary requests.
- Provides executive leadership and oversight for the technical aspects of IT support contracts deployed to develop requirements, guide acquisition strategy, and support the procurement of new technology.
- Plans work to be accomplished; establishes priorities; reschedules work to meet changing deadlines and special project assignments; reviews work accomplishments of staff, intra-agency teams, contractors, and detailees…”