Notice ID 140D0421R0024
“Background – The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) is an agency of the Department of Commerce. Along with the Census Bureau and STAT-USA which provides access to statistical information produced by U.S. federal and state agencies, BEA is part of the Department’s Economics and Statistics Administration…”
“Objective – BEA’s modernization program continues to enable the Bureau to move resources from back office functions to developing and dissemination of new and updated statistics. The purpose of this contract is to support BEA’s Office of the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in the ongoing maintenance and enhancement to existing modernize systems and continue the development of new systems.”
“Scope of Work – BEA maintains a portfolio of estimation processing subsystems that form the technological foundation for the timely, accurate, and comprehensive release of BEA’s economic statistics. This portfolio of highly integrated subsystems comprises the BEA-EITS.
BEA’s Statistical Production Modernization program supports the production of some of the nation’s most important economic indicators. The program supports efficient processing of millions of time series of economic data on a monthly, quarterly, annual, and benchmark (3+ years) schedule. To successfully support these processing demands BEA has developed a “One BEA” database architecture that support the Bureau’s mission drivers of timeliness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness of its statistical releases. Several core databases have been deployed with this common architecture and several additional are under development.
The Contractor shall provide full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) support for the BEA–EITS, its subsystems, and underlying Information Technology (IT) architecture components. The contractor shall have demonstrated expertise and experience to support current applications and developing new applications which adhere to the OneBEA architecture.”
“Specific Tasks – Tasks for projects under this contract are anticipated to require technical support for the BEA-EITS in the following areas:
- Lead progressive prototyping development: Underlining the OneBEA architecture is a progressive prototyping developing methodology, aka “prototype spiral.” The contractor leads teams of subject matter experts whose output is the “discovery” of elements of required system functionality.
- Develop Database Schemas and code that incorporate the technical standards of the OneBEA architecture (described below)
- Develop new statistical production applications using the OneBEA architecture (described below). This includes guiding the development process through the three phases of the BEA SDLC (development, test, and production)
- Maintain and enhance current production applications that were developed in accordance with the OneBEA architecture (described below).
- Test and Migrate statistical production systems in the Azure cloud.”
“This requirement is being issued by the Department of the Interior (DOI)/Interior Business Center, Acquisition Services Directorate (AQD), under the franchise authority, on behalf of the United States Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA). AQD is issuing this Request for Proposal (RFP) for the purpose of entering into a contract using Part 12, 15, and 19.5 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
In accordance with FAR 52.219-6, this is a notice that this RFP is a total set-aside for small business concerns. Only proposals submitted by small business concerns will be accepted by the Government. Any proposals submitted by a contractor that is not a small business will not be considered for award.”