“Serves as principal advisor to the DEA Administrator and other senior management officials on all matters related to business innovation and strategic transformation. Oversees and implements changes in approaches, strategies, methods, and processes to enhance capabilities and improve organizational efficiencies.”
Among other duties and responsibilities, the incumbent:
- Serves as the principle advisor to the Administrator regulatory and policy development and change management with regards to development and advancement of technologies and innovations. The incumbent provides authoritative advice on how to best operationalize business technology and strategic transformation.
- Acts as the innovation champion for the entire organization. Promotes agency-wide participation in creation of innovative technologies. Serves on Department-wide committees and working groups that champion innovative technology (e.g. artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.)
- Conceives plans, directs and coordinates through subordinate managers, the full range of business innovation services required to meet the needs of DEA. Incumbent oversees the management, development, implementation, and evaluation of state-of the-art, cutting-edge, global business innovation technology solutions, ensuring that they meet DEA’s mission requirements.
- Responsible for staying current on innovative trends within industries that affect DEA’s business operations. Responsible for developing and delivering reports on programs including vision plans, pilot programs, prototypes, business case and commercialization plans.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to establish and strengthen business analytics and the effective use of innovative transformation methods at the agency and interagency level. Leads, manages and coordinates the activities for the Administrator and leads teams to operationalize business innovation technology which may include setting goals, planning research projects, developing and implementing research and data analysis protocols, carrying out research, analysis and modeling efforts.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of transformative initiatives, ensuring that analytical performance measures are met and that projects enhance mission operations. Provides guidance and recommendations to senior agency officials and subordinates on advanced projects and resolves critical problems in a timely, cost-effective manner.
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Justice may want to influence who applies for this SES role within the Drug Enforcement Administration that serves as the principle advisor to the Administrator for regulatory and policy development and change management with regards to development and advancement of technologies and innovations and that provides authoritative advice on how to best operationalize business technology and strategic transformation.