Notice ID RFI_CEPRU_Nov_2021
The FBI SecD requests capability evidence of vendors with expertise in IT development and operations and maintenance program support.
The Security Division’s mission is to provide security services to protect people, information, and facilities, enabling the Bureau and its partners to succeed. The Continuous Evaluation and Periodic Reinvestigation Unit’s mission is to ensure the continued integrity and trustworthiness of FBI employees and non-employees with access to FBI information, information systems, and space.
The purpose of the existing Continuous Vetting (CV) Tool is to enable the FBI Security Division’s (SecD) Continuous Evaluation and Periodic Reinvestigations Unit (CEPRU) to execute the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and National Counterintelligence and Security Center (NCSC) requirement to enroll all FBI employees, contractors, non-paid consultants, task force officers, and detailees (personnel) into ODNI’s CE System (CES), and continuously evaluate all FBI personnel for incidents that could potentially affect suitability to hold a security clearance, in accordance with Security Executive Agent Directive 6 (2018) and 3 C.F.R. 13467 (2008).
- CV Tool is an FBI Secret Enclave (FBINet) application that streamlines the CV process by: Automating the enrollment and un-enrollment of FBI personnel into CES.
- Prioritizing and processing CV alerts through agreed upon business rules and thresholds and entity resolution.
- Providing CEPRU analysts with a single enclave platform to receive and resolve CV alerts using whole-person review methodology.
- Integrating data from multiple FBI systems into the application to aid analysts in resolving alerts.
- Delivering CV program status through reporting and dashboard visualizations
The CV Tool will require multiple user roles with corresponding levels of access and will require automated workload management. The CV Tool will require a consolidated dashboards which detail biographical data, current and historical alerts, alert and person review workflow. The CV Tool will also be required to generate outputs to external software/programs such as leads, emails, investigation referrals, etc., which will require the CV Tool to interface with multiple internal FBI systems. The CV Tool will require real-time analytical performance metrics reporting at multiple levels. Such reporting will be in the form of (but not limited to): Enrollments, Review Completions, Alert Acknowledgements, Alert Counts, Leads and Referrals.
CEPRU requires IT expertise in engineering, technical, and system support. This RFI specifies the services needed to support the development and deployment of CEPRU services, as directed by the FBI. These services must be timely and performed with sufficient quality…”