Notice ID DJF-21-2000-PR-0000640
“The United States Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), is requesting information to determine technical capabilities and would be interested in receiving a solicitation request on Government Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC).
The FBI’s Data Center Hardware and Operating Systems Section (DCHOSS) will be re-competing a time and materials contract for Information Technology Services in 2021. The servers will be provided at FBI locations in Pocatello, Idaho, Clarksburg, WV, Huntsville, AL, Vienna, VA, and Washington, DC.
These services support the FBI/DOJ data centers and key technical sites of information technology operations…”
Current FBI technology environment consists of complex systems and advanced configurations which require technical engineering and expertise to operate. The acquisition of several commodities of technical expertise is required to ensure the availability of these systems as well as to assist the FBI in migrating systems to a new data center and who shall provide measurable service and conform to the performance section of this task order. The Contractor shall provide a professional staff with the technical qualifications to deliver quality services across the entire organization as outlined in this task order.
The main areas of focus are:
- Ensuring the FBI’s unclassified and classified computer systems consisting of several thousand servers, storage, compute, switches, blade centers which provide hosting services for the enterprise are maintained in a secure, reliable manner with minimum disruption and productions systems shall have a 99% uptime.
- New projects, including but not limited to, data center relocations, technical deployments of new or additional technologies, and technical refresh of IT systems. Hardware and software refresh includes the migration of systems from legacy hardware to new platforms to include cloud.
The objectives are to assist in all IT activities within the DCHOSS’s area of responsibility which includes engineering and design of hosting platforms as well as the system administration requiring installation, secure configuration, patching, updates, repairs, migration, data replication, system redundancy, backup of data, restoration of data, archiving of data, bare metal physical and virtual computer builds, scripting, packaging, and deployment of changes. Also required is the documentation associated with each of the systems to include inventory and the associated configuration settings such as allocated storage, random access memory, cores, processors, operating system, and patch levels. The contractor shall also be responsible for coordinating with the application owners to migrate their systems from one data center to another for either co-location, consolidation, re-hosting to newer platforms, or disaster recovery. The responsibilities shall be aligned with the FBI’s current and new IT initiatives by providing accurate, reliable, essential and effective information to support the FBI’s IT infrastructure…”
“3.0 Scope of Work
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Information Technology Infrastructure Division (ITID), Platform as a Service (PaaS), has a requirement to acquire on premise subject matter experts in several engineering disciplines, systems administration/integration disciplines for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) IT Infrastructure Division (ITID). The contract personnel shall be located in or near the primary place of performance listed as well as surrounding locations. Other locations within the provided geographical areas may be serviced as well.
The vendor shall take note that the primary place of performance is Pocatello, Idaho. This location is deemed a hard to fill location for the positions listed in this document. As such, the vendor shall fill positions with qualified personnel within in 30 calendar days or less. Position fulfilment includes backfilling positions for any loss/movement of personnel within this task order…”
“4.0 Task and Overview of Services
The Contractor shall provide information technology engineering, system administration, and operational services to support the FBI’s mission for all systems supported by DCHOSS. The Contractor shall successfully maintain and administer the full scope of information technology systems, attached telecommunication products, business application software, advanced network servers, and a variety of commercial hardware and software inventory which may change as upgrades and replacements are acquired. These components are installed and configured to provide a hosting platform for the FBI’s classified and unclassified computing environment. The Contractor shall provide technical support service for the following functions as detailed in TASKS below.
- Remote Computer Support & Audit Functions
- Physical and virtual desktop deployment engineering
- Design, creation and testing of automated desktop application development packages in both physical and virtual environments
- Cross Domain printing and file transfer engineering
- Citrix and VMware virtual desktop design, development and support
- New Project Design, Engineering, Operations and system administration support functions
- System Administration Functions
- Enterprise Server Optimization, Monitoring, Analysis, and Support Functions
- Enterprise Storage Design, Engineering, Optimization and Support Functions
- Enterprise Backup and Recovery Functions to include Disaster Recovery Design and periodic Test Verification and Validation Certification and Accreditation of the servers, storage, networking, and compute components which make up the hosting environments as a system. Engineering, creation, testing and maintenance of configuration standards for servers, storage, firewalls and load balancers
- Engineering and Administration of systems running Windows, Linux (CentOS * Red Hat), Solaris (x86 & Sparc), Oracle Linux, and z/OS
- Engineering and Daily Administration of on premise cloud environment using VMware hypervisor, NSX and vRealize tools
- Creation and ongoing updates to system documentation, training, and reporting…”
“8.0 Period of Performance
- From: 7/1/2021 To: One Year
- Base Period – 12 months – Initial TO Award extending over a 12 month period
- Option Period One – 12 months – One day after date of last day of base year performance period. Exercise option year 1.
- Option Period Two – 12 months – One day after date of last day of base year performance period. Exercise option year 2…”