- “This position is the Deputy Director for Information Technology reporting to the Director of the Office of Unemployment Insurance Modernization (OUIM), reporting to senior staff in the Office of the Secretary (OSEC). The OUIM has a strong connection to DOL’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to ensure harmonious technology development, guidance, and policy.
- In consultation with OCIO, lays out the strategic vision for how technology supports and enables overall UI modernization, reinforcing the overall agency vision for UI modernization. This requires a somewhat iterative approach with the UI modernization vision since the two can inform each other as knowledge from the states and pilots is incorporated. Charts an overall roadmap and approach to move from current state to future target “vision” state, in consultation with OCIO.
- Coordinates and drives technical organizations that are leveraged by the OUIM toward UI modernization to complete the roadmap. This may include parts of the OCIO organization, U.S. Digital Service (USDS) teams, contractors, Tiger Teams, and State teams.
- Participates in the key leadership team of the OUIM, providing transparency and accountability for technical execution and decisions, while also helping to steer strategy and operations with a deep understanding of technical capacity.
- The incumbent establishes priorities, monitors, and reports status on key program activities, deliverables, and accomplishments. Conducts various studies and evaluations requiring the application of many different and unrelated processes, differing regulatory criteria, and procedures.
- Directs the planning, integration, coordination, and management of assigned programs and services against established policies and procedures.
- Assures services delivered conform to applicable laws, regulations, standards, and internal and external procedures. Responsible for implementing new and improved processes and procedures to meet and sustain all aspects of programs.
- Partners with OCIO to identify and resolve key interdependencies or impacts of the UI modernization efforts with other ongoing DOL projects and programs. Regularly presents “key risks” and important tradeoffs to the OUIM management team. Analysis and recommendations could substantially alter or change policies and programs. Identifies deficiencies and establishes policies and procedures that contribute to the effectiveness of newly introduced guidance.
- Addresses deviations from the schedule; responds to data calls from internal and external sponsors; addresses and resolves problems and issues; evaluates success in providing/delivering program services; Advises OUIM Director on technology and digital transformation matters related to ARP/UI…”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Labor may want to influence who applies for this role that works with the OCIO to lay out the strategic vision for how technology supports and enables overall UI modernization, reinforcing the overall agency vision for UI modernization.