This position is located in the Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services, Global Compensation Directorate (CGFS/GC). GC provides critical payroll and compensation services to employees and retirees in the U.S. and at its overseas embassies and missions within an increasingly complex and dynamic international regulatory environment. This position supports payroll functions for the payroll of employees of Department of State worldwide and other foreign affairs agencies.
- Serves as Director for the Global Compensation Payroll Systems Division including supervision to 12-20 full time staff (IT Specialist, Accountants, Payroll Systems Specialist).
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Global Foreign Affairs Compensation System (GFACS) for Annuitants, Locally Employed, and Americans.
- Plans and manages the delivery of highly specialized systems implementation, integration, and maintenance services that support the Global Compensation mission.
- Ensures the availability, reliability, and integrity of payroll systems.
- Applies expert knowledge to new approaches, methods to assess systems operations and interactions, analyses emerging requirements, and advises on the feasibility of new system concepts…”