The IT Program Manager (Director, DevSecOps):
- “Directs Software Development, IT Security and IT Operation functions. Oversees various aspects of IT system development, operations and maintenance including the creation of procedures for updating and maintaining FMCSA systems.
- Provides leadership and direction to Application Developers, IT Operations staff and Security personnel. Provides expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to the Director and other technical specialists on critical technology issues related to Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps) and software.
- Establishes criteria and methods for evaluating program accomplishments and trends. Orchestrates the development of required program contracts, acquisition, or systems software/licenses and hardware. Leads the implementation of the technology strategy set by the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Implements department-wide policies and standards related to software/application development, IT operations and IT security.
- Oversees the implementation of modern system development methods (DEV/SEC/OPS, Agile) through all phases of system development including requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment and decommissioning.
- Directs automation efforts including continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline, automated testing, and Infrastructure as Code.
- Establishes a shared understanding with the FMCSA program offices and serves as a technical specialist for FMCSA information systems, guiding the full system development lifecycle. Identifies risks and provide recommendations to mitigate and/or eliminate risk. “
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Transportation may want to influence who applies for this leadership position that directs software development, IT security and IT operation functions and provides expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations on critical technology issues related to Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps) and software.