Notice ID VSRP0001
“The purpose of this Market Survey is to improve the Government’s understanding of the current marketplace and to identify capable sources. Responses to this Market Survey will be used for informational purposes only to support the development of a strategy for the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA’s) contemplated Voluntary Safety Reporting Program (VSRP) Support acquisition and will not be released. This is not a Screening Information Request or Request for Proposal. The continuing mission of the FAA is to provide the safest most efficient aerospace system in the world. Within the FAA, the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) is responsible for ensuring the safe, expeditious flow of air traffic throughout the National Airspace System (NAS). VSRPs are a key component of the ATO Safety Management System (SMS), providing a method to identify and correct potential safety hazards. These important programs encourage voluntarily submitted safety reports from employees involved in the delivery of air traffic services and are foundational to a healthy safety culture. A VSRP provides a confidential, non-punitive mechanism for employees to report safety events and problems. The VSRPs use employee input to identify leading indicators and significant safety concerns or issues, operational deficiencies, non-compliance with regulations, deviations from company policies and procedures, and potential safety events. In this way, the VSRP helps improve safety awareness throughout the NAS.
The FAA has a requirement for technical and programmatic support of the FAA’s VSRPs, to include support for ongoing VSRP modernization efforts as necessary. This includes:
- Providing technical expertise in support of FAA Event Review Committees, including developing PowerPoint presentations, compiling sources events, and completing a preliminary review of VSRP report listings;
- Providing support for software and tools development, design, maintenance, integration, and implementation;
- Maintaining current VSRP systems and reporting tools;
- Maintaining FAA’s confidential data and securing and maintaining all activities associated with the management of databases; and
- Creating and updating dashboards and other reporting tools in support of reviewing VSRP activities and outcomes.
This work will support FAA efforts to identify safety concerns in order to utilize information received to identify risk and develop corrective actions…”