“The Director for Acquisition and Business Services is designated as the Deputy FAA Acquisition Executive (Deputy FAE) provides executive leadership for the day-to-day business and internal management processes for all Acquisition and Business Services (ACQ) organizational elements, including overseeing the ACQ budget of over $100 million. The incumbent serves as the principal advisor to the Deputy Assistant Administrator for Finance and Management and other FAA senior officials.”
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Leading the agency, as a strategic business partner, to achieve significant business value for FAA acquisitions. Collaborating with FAA executive leaders to shape the direction of the FAA, providing vision to enable and improve business processes for accomplishing FAA and DOT missions, goals, and program objectives. Directing the development of the Acquisition and Business Services strategic planning activities and long term enterprise-wide acquisitions.
- Advising the Deputy Assistant Administrator for Acquisition and Business Services on proposed agency acquisition policies, standards, and procedures. Advising agency senior leadership on major contracts. Advocating innovative uses of contracting to ensure sound capital and investment planning and to facilitate management’s access to needed resources.
- Providing executive oversight of Acquisition and Business Services, ensuring quality and efficiency of the services provided. Ensures Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place that articulate core responsibilities, functions and performance measures for services delivered to internal and external customers. Reviewing and evaluating the organization’s performance to determine effectiveness and success in delivering services.
- Overseeing the tactical execution of day-to-day operations in Acquisition and Business Services for related activities and ensuring the implementation of such activities are sustainable and in alignment with the strategic mission of the FM. This includes the establishment of design and operational standards for corporate and organizational systems. Collaborating and working closely with Acquisition and Business Services leadership sharing value added perspectives and insights in order to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance Manager’s (FM) acquisition community.
- Promoting the effective and efficient design and operation of acquisition management processes. Collaborating with the Deputy Assistant Administrator for Acquisition and Business Services to provide financial and performance data for effectively monitoring program performance and ensuring mission accomplishment. Establishing, monitoring, and assessing the performance of acquisitions in support of program accomplishments based on appropriate measures. This includes establishing baseline performance and identifying performance goals.
- Leading acquisition and property management systems modernization plans and programs to promote efficiency of operations and quality of data collection and reporting.
- Providing executive direction and oversight for ACQ workforce matters, including strategic workforce planning; recruitment, hiring, and staffing; training and development; performance management; and succession planning. Speaking on behalf of ACQ for labor relations matters. Driving strategies to develop effective management and leadership skills and providing organizational support to ACQ’s managerial cadre to institutionalize a positive, effective, and performance based culture.
- Leading ACQ communication strategies and activities to promote leadership transparency, information sharing, organizational learning, and employee engagement.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration may want to influence who applies for this SES role that directs the development of the Acquisition and Business Services strategic planning activities and long term enterprise-wide acquisitions and oversees the ACQ budget of over $100 million.