“The Director of the Business Partnership Service (APS) provides leadership and oversight of all FAA IT components and services to include: engagement with Business Partnership managers, the MyIT Service Center, the Service Catalog, and FAA’s 24×7 IT helpdesk, to provide support and quickly resolve customer IT issues. The incumbent oversees a staff of over 80 federal employees and 386 contractors. The Director manages an annual budget of $36 million dollars for IT services and contracts.”
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating and overseeing all activities related to cultivating and maintaining positive relations with FAA IT customers. Providing consultative services, including the identification of customer business needs to determine appropriate IT solutions, and ensuring IT is effectively supporting the customer’s mission. Managing IT core services that are defined in the FAA IT service portfolio and catalog provided to all customers.
- Overseeing the ongoing maintenance of the IT Service Catalog, and the establishment and management of IT core services and metrics. Monitoring and acting as the governing body over the performance of core metrics and working with other IT Executives to meet established metrics.
- Identifying the business needs of FAA customers in order to determine the appropriate solutions to their business issues. Collaborating with stakeholders on the customers’ IT portfolio to maximize business value. Reviewing and evaluating the impact of IT changes on the business to ensure IT is effectively supporting the customer’s mission. Receiving, documenting, and analyzing customer requirements, developing business cases, to identify business impacts to the customer (e.g., people, process, and technology), verifying that the solution meets the requirements, and managing customer satisfaction. Providing the capabilities to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used by business users to make sound business decisions.
- Proposing and developing solutions to improve user experiences and communicating to internal and external audiences the importance of a positive user experience.
- Providing the first line of investigation, diagnosis, and resolution of customer problems and issues. Managing and tracking the escalation of incidents/service requests that cannot be resolved. Conducting FAA customer satisfaction callbacks/surveys. Providing knowledge management for the service desk. Providing oversight and management of service desk activities, including vendor performance and ticket status. Measuring and reporting on service and performance metrics.
- Overseeing a variety of on-site services to end users for IT devices and peripherals for those activities that cannot be resolved remotely. ..”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration may want to influence who applies for this SES role that provides consultative services, including the identification of customer business needs to determine appropriate IT solutions, and ensuring IT is effectively supporting the customer’s mission and manages IT core services that are defined in the FAA IT service portfolio and catalog provided to all customers.