“This position serves as a Project Manager for Applications Development & Support branch of the Office of the Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) for Technology Execution, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of the Managing Director, Federal Communications Commission located in Washington, DC.”
- Serves as the FCC Software and Applications technical expert and project manager, with responsibility for acting as a staff expert for the coordination and integration of new technology and/or implementation for assigned/initiated automation and computer technology needs, systems or equipment.
- Serves as an agency expert/consultant on the oversight of FCC owned and managed IT software programs of national and international scope and impact with precedent-setting issues. Formulates long-range policies and develops and implements strategies and management guidelines for complex and changing information technology systems.
- Serves as an Applications Development & Support Project Manager and technical expert for the development and implementation for all FCC information technology software. Determines the scope of activities required to accomplish assigned responsibilities; identifies tasks to be undertaken; develops concepts, methods and techniques.
- Maintains continuous liaison with Bureaus/Offices to negotiate and arbitrate problems, and in order to ensure the achievement strategic goals. Ensures planning, analysis, design, development, deployment, operation, security and logistics support information deliver solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Conducts briefings and meetings as FCC’s IT systems solutions representative and participates in negotiations when proposed systems changes are not initially acceptable to all parties concerned. Briefs senior level IT management on configuration, risks, issues and recommends actions to correct deficiencies, standardize procedures and share information more effectively.