“Let’s face it, predictions are hard. They are rarely accurate, unless you are using some sort of advanced artificial intelligence, supercomputer type of thing.
But that doesn’t stop us from asking experts what they think are the top technology or acquisition issues agencies and contractors should be paying attention to in 2021.
Our panel of experts highlighted the need for agencies to continue to build on the successes of the pandemic around moving toward zero trust architectures and integrating identity and access management into more systems. At same time, these changes can’t be done in silos or without ensuring the workforce is prepared for the future.
The panelists were:
- Jose Arrieta, former CIO at the Department of Health and Human Services
- Mike Hettinger, president of Hettinger Strategy Group
- Malcolm Jackson, former CIO at the Environmental Protection Agency and currently the principal director for CIO Advisory Services at Accenture Federal Services
- Suzette Kent, former federal CIO
- Essye Miller, former Defense Department deputy CIO…” Listen to the newscast here.
Source: Five experts offer IT, acquisition advice to the incoming Biden administration – By Jason Miller, December 28, 2020. Federal News Network.