G2X TAKE: High-flying consultancy GDIT recently picked up this 10-year single-award IDIQ contract to provide managed services in support of these high-performance computing systems that provide the computing behind NOAA’s atmospheric and oceanic models that are used to better understand weather, climate change, and other environmental factors. There was one other bidder who competed for this contract, competed full and open.
- “WCOSS II will have a five year base period of performance, an option period of three years, and a transition option of two year … International Business Machines Corp., the incumbent since November 2011, has received $201 million out of the $502 million ceiling. NOAA is looking for contractors who can provide managed services for all WCOSS II resources and services needed to process NOAA satellite and non-satellite data, high performance computing applications, and output data. The winner will provide two facilities and two high-performance computing systems — one primary and one backup — and related support services. NOAA also wants WCOSS computing systems, facilities, and services to use the latest supercomputing technologies … ” Read more here.
- A copy of the NOAA Weather and Climate Operational Supercomputing System II Support solicitation documents can be found here.
- GDIT is a longtime partner to NOAA and this award builds on the award of a $553M single-award IDIQ contract they added in 2018 to provide Systems Integration Support Services for the NOAA R&D High Performance Computing System. More here.
- GDIT is nearly two years removed from completing their $9.7B acquisition of high-tech solutions provider to the Government, CSRA.
- GDIT was recently named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.