- The Director, Centers of Excellence (CoE) is located in the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Technology Transformation Services (TTS), Office of Clients and Markets, Centers of Excellence (CoE) Division and reports to the Assistant Commissioner, Clients and Markets. The Director, CoE directs all related CoE functions, providing high level support and consultative services to the Assistant Commissioner and managing and overseeing all products, platforms, and services that are provided by the CoE, TTS. Stakeholders and partners include high level contacts with the public, private and not-for-profit sectors where appropriate.
- The CoE are established to implement, improve and expand public access to federal information services. To this end, the CoE work directly with customer agencies to identify their needs, recommend solutions, and identify the best contract vehicle to procure, support, and handle implementation of the solution. Each of the CoE is staffed with information technology (IT) experts who provide authoritative advice, experienced mentorship, and IT transformation services purposed to improve service design and customer interactions across major organizational federal government lines. Each of the CoE has a different mission and objectives, but all are intended to lead centralized, function-specific talent, and ensure effective support for solution implementation. Currently there are six Centers: cloud adoption, IT infrastructure optimization, customer experience, contact centers, data analytics, and artificial intelligence; however, this number may increase based on market demand and growing IT modernization tools.
- The Director, CoE manages and oversees high level functions performed by the CoE geared toward the implementation and establishment of major federal IT Modernization efforts and the establishment of the framework for the way the government builds, buys, and shares technology, ensuring cost-effectiveness and efficiency. In this capacity serves as an expert, providing leadership, direction, and guidance and ensuring the implementation of major Federal, GSA, FAS, and TTS milestones, goals and commitments.
- Represents GSA on major CoE activities and initiatives related to federal IT Modernization efforts and implements programs to provide guidance on how to effectively and efficiently provide expert advice, consulting, development and support solution implementation within the following areas but not limited to: cloud adoption, IT infrastructure optimization, customer experience, contact centers, data analytics, artificial intelligence and related functions.
- Supports the Assistant Commissioner, Clients and Markets and develops policies, plans and initiatives to ensure the effective growth and continual development of the CoE program, identifying barriers to achieving the desired change and developing an operational roadmap. Manages high level expectations, milestones, and strategies to ensure the success and excellence of the CoE. Identifies and executes on opportunities to cross-leverage other TTS and FAS capabilities and services in the CoE’s engagements with executive branch agencies.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the General Services Administration Federal Acquisition Service may want to influence who applies for this SES role that manages and oversees high level functions performed by the CoE geared toward the implementation and establishment of major Federal IT Modernization efforts and the establishment of the framework for the way the Government builds, buys, and shares technology, ensuring cost-effectiveness and efficiency.