Notice ID: RFI100120
The General Services Administration (GSA), Office of the Government-wide Policy (OGP), Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) Project Management Office (PMO) is issuing this RFI notice to measure the interest and availability of vendors that are capable of providing IT Professional Services and agile software services who have:
- Agile software development experience;
- Advanced knowledge of the CPIC requirements in Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-11 section 55;
- Experience with supporting a PMO that provides cross-functional multi-agency services, as well as directly supporting the agency customer of those services; and
- Deep experience supporting and iterating the service delivery model of a federal shared service
The purpose of this RFI is to conduct market research for the OGP CPIC PMO to provide agile application development, PMO support, and member agency support; including agile development, testing, new agency migration, CPIC knowledge/best practices, technical and functional support of the Folio application, the Federal IT Dashboard, as well as the development of the new IT Collect API product and the support services these systems provide to the federal enterprise.
- Mature CPIC: Mature IT capital planning and IT investment management across federal agencies:
- Share and deliver CPIC best practices and lessons learned so all agencies can improve their internal practices by leveraging the experience of others;
- Deliver best-in-class guidance and training materials to improve knowledge around IT capital planning processes so agency end users can more efficiently and effectively use the tool;
- Develop a CPIC-as-a-service delivery model to efficiently provide agencies with CPIC subject matter expert support;
- Provide timely, customer-friendly support services, help desk, and training that meet the needs of the end-users; and
- Lead and participate in CPIC industry forums to bring best practice understanding to the FESCOM and to communicate FESCOM needs and challenges to external stakeholders.
- Effective Guidance: Support OMB as their IT capital planning and IT investment management guidance and policy subject matter expert:
- Facilitate a collaborative CPIC guidance production process;
- Assist OMB to streamline CPIC processes that improve data quality and transparency while minimizing agency burden; and
- Ensure the development of IT Collect API capabilities align with and support OMB’s IT policy decisions.
- Tool Modernization: Provide a modernized toolset for agencies and OMB to report and review IT cost, schedule, risk, performance, and contract data:
- Modernize current capabilities by utilizing a DEVOPS pipeline to enable Folio and the future IT Collect API applications to take advantage of modern technologies and implement current UI/UX, 508, and API web design standards; and
- Develop a new IT Collect API to replace the legacy ITDB that takes efficient advantage of technology platforms, a modern architecture, and a reduction in the effort required to update the dashboard with IT policy changes.