- The Director, 18F is located in the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Technology Transformation Services (TTS), Office of Clients and Markets, 18F Division and reports to the Assistant Commissioner, Clients and Markets. The Director, 18F is responsible for the development and delivery of digital tools and services on a reimbursable basis for agency clients that enable 21st century government, such as digital forms, web portals, and procurement as a service. 18F builds effective, user-centered interfaces between the government and the people and organizations it services and provides innovative solutions that meet the public’s expectations at a reasonable cost. Represents and speaks for TTS on 18F initiatives and services with senior GSA officials, other top-level executives from public and private industry, federal agencies, Congressional representatives, the news media and other public media outlets.
- Determines 18F’s vision, strategic direction, objectives and goals, including the overall planning, management and direction of the program. Ensures proper oversight and develops and implements a system for performance measures that link operations to goals and objectives. Develops innovative approaches and alternative solutions to solve problems associated with digital services delivery within the federal government.
- Serves as a top level advisor and consultant to the Assistant Commissioner for Clients and Markets, the Deputy Commissioner, FAS/Director, TTS, the Commissioner, FAS, and the GSA Administrator with respect to the 18F program. Provides advice and consultation in the development of policies, plans, and practices that may result in government-wide impact.
- Builds and maintains effective internal and external working relationships to address issues of mutual interest with other federal agencies, top agency management, municipal and state agencies, foreign governments, subject matter experts, industry and other high level officials in the public, not-for-profit and private sectors. Collaborates with the Executive Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and a myriad of other federal agencies on relevant projects, policies, and initiatives.
- Coordinates and conducts briefings and/or evaluation panel meetings comprised of GSA officials and other agencies and departments in carrying out 18F strategy, planning and acquisition initiatives that have government-wide implications…“
G2X TAKE: Those who support the General Services Administration may want to influence who applies for this SES role that is responsible for the development and delivery of digital tools and services on a reimbursable basis for agency clients that enable 21st century Government, such as digital forms, web portals, and procurement as a service.