G2X TAKE: Building on their more than four decades of experience supporting the Agency, Accenture recently beat out three other bidders to be awarded this 5-year task in support of this key IRS system, used for detecting tax fraud and preventing bad refunds. The task, funded by the IRS Office of the Chief Information Officer, was competed and awarded using GSA ALLIANT 2.
- The Return Review Program (RRP) is an automated system used to enhance the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) capabilities to detect, resolve, and prevent criminal and civil noncompliance and identity theft, thereby reducing issuance of fraudulent tax refunds. More here.
- This is just the latest in a series of wins for this major partner to the Treasury Department’s Internal Revenue Service, to include an IRS Digitalization Pilot Support task; a $13M CFIUS Case Management O&M Support task; a CADE 2 Services Bridge task following a $137M CADE 2 ITPE Development task win; adding a TFA Management Consulting Services award, and winning an $18M Return Integrity & Compliance Services (RICS) modernization task.
- Accenture has made a number of announcements recently related to helping support modernization and acceleration efforts. These include the news that:
- Accenture and Appian would be teaming to Accelerate Acquisition Modernization for Government and Defense Organizations. More here.
- Accenture had formed Accenture Cloud First with a $3 billion investment over three years to help clients across all industries rapidly become ‘cloud first’ businesses and accelerate their digital transformation to realize greater value at speed and scale. More here.
- The launch of a new Business Group with VMware to Help Organizations Move to the Cloud Faster. More here.
- Accenture also recently tapped AI SME Nilanjan Sengupta as CTO to lead the Applied Intelligence practice to rapidly master and adopt new tools and technologies driving the convergence across cloud, analytics, artificial intelligence, edge and automation. More here.
- Accenture was named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
Award ID: 2032H521F00146