G2X TAKE: Leidos, a FORTUNE® 500 science and technology leader, just beat out one other bidder to be awarded this 5-year, $61M task with the Internal Revenue Service supporting its submission processing systems to streamline the processing of paper tax filings, information returns and remittances. This task, funded by the Office of the CIO, was competed and awarded using the GSA Alliant 2 IDIQ.
- Leidos, who brings more than two decades of experience in support of the IRS and its operating environment is a known incumbent on this effort, having been awarded a 5-year $100M Paper and Remittance Processing Support contract in 2016 via their acquisition of Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS) group. More on that award here.
- This wins comes a little more than one year after Leidos announced they had been awarded a 4 ½-year $69M task order by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to enhance, upgrade, and maintain the Agency’s e-Services and Integrated Customer Communications Environment (ICCE) platforms. More here.
- Leidos has made a number of relevant strategic hires in the last year or so, to include recruiting Darius Taylor, a former IT exec with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) who brings experience supporting efforts related to Modernized eFile and Business Performance Solutions for Wage and Investment, and as a Deputy Associate CIO for Enterprise Services and End User Services; while also adding Joshua Strunk, a former Treasury Associate CISO and Government Security Operations Center (GSOC) lead.
- Leidos began 2021 with the announcement they had completed the acquisition of 1901 Group for approximately $215 million in cash, adding nearly 400 IT, cloud and cyber specialists to the Leidos team. More here.
- Leidos was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come and was among the Fed Civ & Health firms noted as the most innovative technology companies in the region.
- We should also note that Leidos Chief Engineer PJ Kennedy was recently named among the 2021 Change Agents Shifting the Landscape Honorees.