“The incumbent will provide top level technical analysis and expertise regarding IT operations, infrastructure, and service delivery management for the IRS mainframes and servers. This includes advice and analysis concerning cost, schedule, performance metrics, strategic planning, business case development, process re-engineering, oversight, implementation alternatives, and resource management.”
- Performs in-depth technical analysis and provides technical, top-level advice on a wide variety of issues including, short and long range program policies, strategies, and objectives with regard to IT operations and service delivery management principles.
- Provides risk assessments and strategic alternatives in developing Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and outsourcing initiatives. The incumbent develops structure, advises on and analyzes proposed evaluations, and formulates information systems policy and operating guidelines. The incumbent determines critical program emphasis for setting priorities to achieve prescribed goals.
- Builds and maintains cooperative partnerships with customers and stakeholders. Ensures the characteristics and needs are identified and fully evaluated during the development of policies and strategies that address cross-functional and Service wide issues.
- Charters, coordinates, and/or chairs special studies and analyzes wide-ranging technical, operational, and functional problems that involve significant stakeholders and identify/resolve critical issues.
- Coordinates independent reviews of work performed within Enterprise Operations to ensure consistency of approach, technical correctness, and equitable treatment of customers and stakeholders.
- Conducts a final review of proposed legislation and guidance including regulations, litigation matters, trends, and needs relevant to MITS, as well as on specific cases requiring action or review.