“Leidos is seeking a Business Development Director to assist in pursuing profitable growth within the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). This position will report directly to the Business Development & Strategy VP for Homeland Security Solutions.”
- The Business Development Director is responsible for leadership of creating and growing Leidos’ business within the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the overall FBI market strategy. The BD Director must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
- This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal customer engagement plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will work with capture to develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for growth opportunities. They will develop, organize and execute significant customer activities, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing FBI customers.
- The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required…”
- Partners with the Operations Business Development & Strategy VP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue…”
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years of experience with Federal Bureau of Investigation
- 13+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or programs
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners…”