- Under the supervision of the Vice President for Homeland Security, identify and qualify multimillion-dollar engagements at DHS.
- Develop go-to-market plans in conjunction with our lines of service and market leads.
- Participate in the proposal process as the voice of the customer, and collaborate with capture managers, solution architects, and subject matter experts to develop winning pursuit strategies.
- Work with colleagues to advance opportunities through a Shipley-like business development and proposal lifecycle process and take responsibility for enabling market leads to meet their annual revenue goals. Coordinate call plans and interactions with potential federal customers, present LMI offerings, and drive opportunities to completion with award.
- Focus DHS business development activity in a highly matrixed environment. Advise capture teams on customer points of view and preferences and serve as the voice of the customer once opportunities advance past identification and qualification.
- Participate in color team reviews of proposals, black hat initiatives, gathering of competitive intelligence, and capture strategy discussions. Inform lines of service on development of offerings and solutions.
- Keep CRM pipeline data updated and accurate for reporting and analysis.
- Regularly attend and participate in industry associations, conferences and committees related to or supporting DHS customers.
- At least five years of federal business development experience, ideally supporting DHS. OR a minimum of seven years of experience in Federal Government Contracting on either the industry or government side within DHS.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas preferred: government management solutions, data analytics, digital government services, logistics, infrastructure, and supply chain.
- An understanding of processes related to building opportunity pipelines, executing full business development life-cycle processes, and prosecution of a pipeline to receive desired financial results.
- Solid understanding of the customer’s needs, dynamics of the market and specific experience with key DHS Components and Directorates such as CISA, TSA, FEMA, Science & Technology, Management Directorate, and CWMD.
- Strong ability to collaborate with all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated experience conducting independent research and analysis activities.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in associated discipline (Master’s Degree a plus, but not required)
LMI was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and years to come.