LMI is seeking a Federal Civilian Growth Lead focused on civilian agencies like NASA, GSA, USPS, and DOT with a demonstrated track record of identifying, qualifying, and winning opportunities. This position will report to the Acting Director of Growth of the Health and Civilian Market (HCM), who is the HCM Vice President.
The Federal Civilian Growth Lead will be the primary business development professional focused on growing LMI’s portfolio across a variety of civilian agencies, including but not limited to NASA, GSA, USPS, and DOT. As the Growth Lead, this role is responsible for developing and managing the pipeline of opportunities in addition to supporting capture activities of all on-going civilian agency deals. This role will work in a highly collaborative, matrixed operating model of Markets and Service Lines. In addition to pipeline accountability, the Growth Lead’s key focus is to provide strategy and insights on the future of civilian missions in government and thought leadership on LMI’s opportunities within this market. Other activities include:
- Identify and qualify a civilian agency pipeline that aligns with our strategic vision for growth at these agencies.
- Design, develop, and implement account plans (to articulate and generate consensus for strategic vision, action plan, competitive intelligence, investments, business case, etc.) within the civilian portfolio.
- Develop and implement call plans to engage customers to identify and shape opportunities.
- Support capture and proposal efforts to maintain continuity across the business development lifecycle, enhancing the ability to win as opportunities pass from qualification into capture and proposal.
- Collaborate, communicate, and coordinate with all parts of the matrix organization including Communications, Service Lines, CTO, and Enterprise Services to drive growth among federal civilian agencies.
- A strong record of business results in the federal civilian consulting space.
- 10+ years performing business development (sales, marketing, capture, proposal) activities, with emphasis in civilian agency accounts. Candidates with fewer years of experience will be considered if they demonstrate a strong record of results in the civilian space.
- Familiarity with domains of key interest in the federal civilian space, including IT modernization, data-driven business intelligence, organizational transformation, talent management, supply chain management, agile acquisition, climate change and sustainability, etc.
- Understanding of the technologies, solutions, and vendors that are often selected to deliver these capabilities within the civilian space.
- Travel requirements—mostly local within the National Capital Region—will be 25- 50% of the time post-COVID…”
LMI was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.