“Veritas Capital (“Veritas”), a longstanding investor in companies operating at the intersection of technology and government, today announced that an affiliate of Veritas has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the federal IT and mission support services business of Northrop Grumman (NYSE: NOC) for $3.4 billion in cash…”
“The business provides a wide range of advanced technology solutions including cybersecurity, data analytics, cloud, mission-critical application development and advanced engineering to defense, intelligence, space, civil and health customers. The business expects to generate $2.3 billion in revenue in 2020…”
“At the close of the transaction, Veritas expects to combine the business with its portfolio company Peraton, a trusted provider of highly differentiated space, intelligence, cyber, defense, homeland security and communications capabilities to select federal agencies and commercial entities. The combination will create a leading government mission capability integrator and IT provider focused on delivering high-end technology-enabled services. Peraton Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer Stu Shea will continue to lead the combined business.
“We look forward to welcoming the federal IT and mission support services business’ experienced team to Peraton. With this addition, we will continue to position Peraton as an industry leader, applying the technology and mission understanding that will solve our customers’ most daunting challenges and mission needs,” said Stu Shea. “Our differentiated, complementary solutions and deep relationships with our respective customer bases give us the scale and resources to continue to address the evolving needs of government customers…”
“The transaction is expected to close in the first half of 2021. It is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals.
Source: Veritas Capital to Acquire the Federal IT and Mission Support Services Business of Northrop Grumman, December 7, 2020. Business Wire.
G2X TAKE: While this deal extends well beyond Fed Civ, the news that these two consulting powerhouses will be joining forces will clearly be big news to firms in the Fed Civ sector as Peraton, the former Harris Corporation Government Services business, which was acquired by Veritas Capital in 2017, greatly expands their presence in both the federal civil and Health marketplaces while continuing to add to their capabilities in the mission-critical IT domain.
- Treasury FinCEN awards $13M BSA E-Filing System Development Service and Operational Support task – August 2020
- Northrop awarded $46M DOT Cybersecurity Information and Program Services BPA – June 2020
- State Department Bureau of Human Resources Awards Northrop Grumman 5-year Software and Maintenance Support contract – October 2019
- $500M DOJ OCIO Data Analytics Solutions BPA awarded to Northrop Grumman – October 2019
- CBP Office of Information and Technology awards $68M task for Software O&M and Development for Traveler Verification Service System – September 2019
- NASA Awards $1.8B Contract for Near-Earth Mission Services to Peraton – June 2019
- IRS awards $115M Infrastructure Shared Services (ISS) task to Northrop – May 2019
- Peraton wins $54M contract, will support NOAA GOES-R ground system computing infrastructure modernization – May 2019
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) awards $16M Joint Operations Center Support task to Northrop – April 2019
- Peraton Completes Acquisition of Strategic Resources International – April 2018
- Press Release: Peraton Awarded $243M Space Communications Network Services Contract Extension – November 2018
- Business Wire: Peraton Will Deliver Next-Generation Technology Solutions to Enhance FBI Mission Capabilities under a $32 Million IT Engineering Leadership Contract by the Department of Justice – October 2018