G2X TAKE: Looking to leverage Richard Smith’s experience developing and leading the first business-enabling risk services team for a Fortune 50 financial services company, and perspective gained as a Senior Executive and chief technologist of a 200+ person organization at the Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration, ManTech has recruited him to be Vice President of its DHS portfolio, including two large programs, CDM DEFEND Alpha and TSA IMPACT.
Prior roles include:
- Vice President and Division Manager – CACI International
- Senior Director, Information Security – Freddie Mac
- Executive Director and Chief Technology Officer – Transportation Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security
- This is just the latest strategic hire by ManTech focused on supporting its DHS business to include the addition of industry leader Leslie Echols to lead DHS Business Development; recruiting senior leader Patricia Gietl to drive Federal Civilian and DHS growth; and recruiting Robert Genesoni with over two decades of experience, including 18 years of service with DHS and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, to his new role as an Executive Director of DHS Business Development.
- ManTech, a consultancy that specializes in providing innovative solutions in cyber security, big data analytics, enterprise IT and systems engineering to the Federal Government, was recently awarded a 5 ½-year $273M task in support of the Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection’s Targeting and Analysis Systems Program Directorate BISS requirements.
- ManTech has supported DHS since the inception of the SAFETY Act of 2002, providing systems engineering, engineering, regulatory compliance, testing, as well as development and business process management support to DHS’s Office of Science and Technology. More here. The company’s most recent award in support of DHS S&T was a $9M IT Services, Technical and Management Expertise task awarded this past Fall.
- ManTech was recently named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.