As a key member of the Office of the Chief Executive Officer (OCEO) management team and MCC senior staff, the CIO serves as an executive advisor and subject matter expert to the DCEO and senior managers on translating information technology (IT) programs, operations, policies and requirements, as well as the Chief Privacy Officer for the corporation. The CIO also:
- Provides executive-level recommendations, guidance, and support to the DCEO and senior staff with responsibility for the planning, formulation, adoption, and execution of policies, objectives, and goals relating to IT infrastructure and services including cybersecurity.
- Provides managerial direction for the maintenance, operation and future development of information systems and applications.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal laws, such as the Clinger-Cohen Act, e-government initiatives, etc.
- Oversees and establishes cybersecurity mitigation measures, disaster recovery and business continuity operations policies and processes for headquarters and overseas. Identifies IT vulnerabilities and weaknesses, develops and implements plans to mitigate and recover from potential breach in system security.
- Establishes a robust crisis communication channel where risks are tracked and reported through regular notifications, updates and communication strategies.
- Formulates and develops long range IT policies and guidelines. Serves as MCC’s IT expert on oversight of national programs with precedent setting issues.
- Oversees strategies associated with the hiring, training, and professional development of staff in the Office of the CIO (OCIO) to make sure a fit-for-purpose and high-performing team is in place.
- Fosters a positive work environment where groups and individuals can successfully complete complex tasks, develop and/or champion new ideas.
- Performs administrative and human resource management functions for staff as assigned; ensures a continuing affirmative application of MCC policies concerning equal opportunity.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Millennium Challenge Corporation may want to influence who applies for this role that serves as an executive advisor and subject matter expert to the Deputy CEO and senior managers on translating IT programs, operations, policies and requirements, as well as the Chief Privacy Officer for this independent foreign aid agency.