This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration. Serves as the Chief of Staff and full Deputy to the Chief Operating Officer to manage core program operations. Providing operational leadership to ensure effective operations and needed collaboration among the Federal Register; Research Services; Agency Services; Legislative Archives, Presidential Records and Museum Services; Information Services; and Business Support Services.
As a Deputy Chief Operating Officer, you will:
- Carry out day-to-day operations using a variety of coordinating, planning, and leadership techniques in assuring that the program oversight and coordination work of the COO is effective in supporting customer-driven operations.
- Conduct analyses and assessments of program outcomes, internal processes, and performance tracking systems to advise and make recommendations for their development and improvement.
- Lead special teams or task forces appointed by the COO to evaluate operational systems, recommend improvements, and integrate key transformational initiatives into operational practice.
- Consult with the COO and management team to provide expert advice on programs, policies, operational strategies, resource needs, and fiscal, technical and programmatic directions to improve service operations and customer-serving operational capacity.
- Provide immediate direction to COO responsible for internal records management, accountability, the Insider Threat Program, and Holdings Protection and Recovery…”