Notice ID 80SSC021Q0004
“The NASA/SSC Office of Procurement intends to issue a Sole Source Request for Proposal (RFP) IAW FAR 6.302-1 only one responsible source for the following services to be performed for John C. Stennis Space Center. Work may be done at various NASA Centers which will be addressed in each individual Task Order. This announcement provides the notification of NASA’s intent to contract using other than full and open competition and award a sole-source contract to D2K Technologies LLC (D2K).
The work to be performed includes development, enhancement, and improvement of SSC’s NASA Platform for Autonomous Systems (NPAS) and NPAS applications to support NASA’s ground and space operations. The NASA Platform for Autonomous System (NPAS) requirement is primarily software development (coding and V&V) of a tool used to operate NASA facilities, build flight applications and to support the needs of NASA industry partners. This contract will allow NASA the ability to continue: to enhance the NPAS, to support the Class A Safety Critical Software Certification of NPAS, and the development, testing, verification, validation, integration and deployment of NPAS applications. NPAS is a unique domain specific language for the design, implementation, and operation of intelligent, safety-critical, autonomous systems. NPAS applications are currently supporting critical Artemis tests of the Space Launch System (SLS) RS-25 rocket engines and preparations for tests of the SLS Enhanced Upper Stage (EUS). NPAS is being used to develop new autonomous systems solutions involving the Gateway, the Human Landing System (HLS), and Orion. NPAS is required to provide critical capabilities to the Crew Health and Performance team developing new Artemis spacesuits. NPAS is required to conduct new projects expected to start upon award that eliminate multiple Tier 1 Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD) Artemis capability gaps.
Specific Qualifications of Provider
- Extensive knowledge of the NPAS architecture and implementation (5 or more years experience with NPAS).
- Expertise in utilizing NPAS to develop intelligent, safety critical applications consistent with NASA software development requirements (5 or more years experience with NPAS).
- Experience updating and creating new NPAS domain models and object class libraries to represent devices, components, systems and processes (5 or more years of experience with NPAS).
- Experience advancing NPAS architecture to implement hierarchical distributed autonomous operations (5 or more years of experience with NPAS).
- Experience advancing NPAS Integrated System Health Management capabilities through management of measurements, configuration, and other health information, including analyzing information associated with history of anomalies (5 or more years of experience with NPAS).
- Expertise advancing NPAS capability to interface with data and communication buses (5 or more years of experience with NPAS).
- Expertise in the design and development of NPAS User Interfaces (UIs) including, but not limited to, Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs), Natural Language Processing interfaces (voice), and touch-screen user interfaces (5 or more years of experience) (5 or more years of experience with NPAS).
- Ability to meet the schedule and do on‐site work as needed to achieve goals.
- Must be eligible to be badged to work locations at any NASA Center, while meeting security and Export Control requirements.
The estimated period of performance is a three-year base with a two-year option period and additional six months, in accordance with FAR Clause 52.217-8, for a total of five years and six months. The Government intends to acquire a commercial service using FAR Parts 12 and 15. There will be only one award made for this requirement. Based on the response to Request for Information (RFI) 80SSC021L0001 dated March 1, 2021, the Government determined only one responsible source, D2K, can provide the services that will satisfy the Agency’s requirements. D2K is the only knowledgeable source with experience necessary to continue enhancements of the NPAS platform, the Class A Safety Critical Software Certification of NPAS, and the ongoing development of NPAS applications for Artemis…”