Notice ID 80NSSC21RFI0096
COVID-19 cases are increasing nationwide and there is a requirement that all federal employees either be vaccinated for COVID 19 or be tested for COVID 19 on a weekly basis. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) will be using a seamless method to identify employees and contractors who have met these requirements.
2. Characteristics, Scope, and Specs
a. NASA is looking for technologies and software capabilities that would allow for quick and efficient survey of employees prior to entrance into a NASA facility by either verifying the employee’s COVID-19 vaccination status or a recent negative COVID test of the employee/user. The technology must allow for input of either FDA emergency use authorization COVID or rapid antigen tests and the time/date of the test and result. NASA is looking to procure, an application that will meet the following criteria:
- Be readily downloadable onto all currently available smart phones and operating systems.
- Allow for the employee to upload their CDC vaccination card
- verify the identity of the employee either through biometrics, scan (bar code or picture upload) of the driver’s license or government issued ID, or other method.
- Maintain the privacy and medical confidentiality of the data uploaded by including data encryption process, converting that data into either a QR code, color code (eg- green for good) or other means.
- Allow a user of the app or software to import their COVID testing results either from a CLIA certified lab or retail provider (eg- Labcorp, Quest, CVS, Walgreens, etc) or from an FDA emergency use authorization home testing kit (e.g.Abbott BinaxNow, or others)
- Alert the app user when a test has been completed in greater than 7 days.
- Provide a pop alert when a test is positive and the user should quarantine as per CDC guidelines.
- Software/app should contain the capability to accurately display either positive vaccination or the results of the self-administered COVID test in either a color coded (green/ red) display or an encrypted format such as a QR code to readily allow the NASA facility’s screening services to gauge that entry requirements into the facility have been met.
- Should have a reader or application readily downloadable onto a smart phone to read the QR code at a point of entry to identify if that employee meets the criteria.
- Vendor of such an application should indicate or document whether they currently do, or have the ability to meet, federal cybersecurity requirements (FISMA for overall cybersecurity, FedRAMP for cloud cybersecurity) when storing data from such COVID testing processes.
Period of Performance
The anticipated period of performance will be required for one year from the date of award…”