G2X TAKE: Building on experience and expertise gained in support of NSF through its recent acquisition, By Light, a very fast growing provider of IT, cloud, cyber and infrastructure solutions, beat out four other bidders to be awarded a 7-year task to provide NSF with a range of enterprise-wide IT infrastructure support services. Funded by the Division of Information Systems, this task was competed and awarded on GSA Alliant 2.
- In early 2019 the National Science Foundation (NSF) extended its contract with Phacil to continue to provide enterprise-wide IT infrastructure support, including disaster recovery and network security. The 6-month extension of the current contract task order was deemed critical for ensuring maintenance of NSF’s voice, network and security, data center operations and complete information technology infrastructure operations. Phacil, the incumbent, was the only awardee capable of providing these services at the level of quality required because the services were considered highly specialized, integrated, complex, critical, and idiosyncratic to NSF’s operations. More here.
- The following month By Light announced what would be one of several key strategic moves the team made in 2019 as they acquired Phacil, a leading software, cybersecurity, systems engineering and managed services provider who maintains a broad set of FedCiv past performance and set of contract vehicles, to include DHS EAGLE II, FBI IT Triple S and Alliant 2. Other recent strategic moves included the acquisition of Metova Federal LLC, a leading provider of cyber range and cyber training services to the US Government and AXOM Technologies, which provides IT Services, Engineering Services, Special Mission Ops Support Services and Cyber Operations support.
- Phacil was awarded the 5-year ITIS Information Technology Infrastructure Services contract in 2013. As of Dec 2019, spend was near $94M. “In support of NSF’s Office of Information & Resource Management (OIRM) enterprise IT services, we support NSF’s mission to advance science, national health, prosperity, welfare, and defense. In support of Information Systems, Human Resource Management, and logistical functions for the NSF community, we perform approximately 80,000 backup jobs per month. This ensures that mission-critical data is secure and available to NSF’s 300,000 business application end users, including scientists, engineers, educators, and civilians.”
- G2X was unable to locate any other Prime past performance By Light has with NSF.
- In support of their acceleration of strategic growth, By Light made a series of leadership changes last summer, to include promoting a COO and Chief Revenue Officer.