Notice ID: RFI-ACT-SACT-21-65
“Summary: Headquarters Supreme Allied Commander Transformation (HQ SACT) is issuing this Request for Information (RFI) in order to engage with NATO Nations and Industry. The intention is to establish the art-of-the-possible and state-of-the-art with respect to technologies, products and services in the area of NATO Enterprise Wide Core Communications and Multimedia Access Services Capabilities in order to support NATO Governance decision-making on Common Funded Capability Development.”
“Purpose: This survey allows nations to offer potential alternative solutions for consideration to meet the operational requirements for NEW Core Comms MMAS (NATO Enterprise-Wide Core Communications MultiMedia Access Services) capability programme. The information collected in this survey will be used in support of the Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for NEW Core Comms MMAS by HQ Supreme Allied Commander Transformation’s Analysis of Alternatives Branch.”
“Core Communications Infrastructure Capability — Protected Core Services and Coloured Cloud Services
The Core Communications Infrastructure Capability shall provide communications services to the strategic segment of the NATO Enterprise.
- The Core Communications Infrastructure Capability shall enable communications between the strategic segment of the NATO Enterprise and other parties in the wider Alliance Federation1 and Coalition Federation(s)2 realms.
- Core Communications Infrastructure Capability shall support all Core Entities3 of the NATO Enterprise, as well as any customer-funded entities qualifying as Standard Entities4 of the NATO Enterprise.
- The implementation of communications services supporting connectivity within the NATO Enterprise, and towards the wider Alliance Federation and Coalition Federation realms, shall adhere to Protected Core Networking (PCN) principles (STANAG 5637).
- The strategic portion of the NATO Enterprise shall rely on Protected Core Services delivered by the Protected Core Segment5 of the NCI (NATO Communications Infrastructure).
- Protected Core Network Services shall provide Alliance-wide resilient connectivity to multiple Coloured Clouds6 operating within the NATO Enterprise and extending into the Alliance and Coalition Federation environments.
- The static portion of the NATO Enterprise shall rely on ON (NS)7, and PBN (NU and NR)8 Coloured Clouds, supported by the Protected Core Segment of the NCI…”
“Enterprise Internet Capability — Internet Access Services and Internet Hosting Services
NATO Enterprise shall feature an Enterprise-wide Internet Access capability, available to all of its users.
- NATO Enterprise CIS Provider shall provide centralised Internet access for all eligible NATO Enterprise entities.
- NATO Enterprise CIS Provider shall provide Internet access services to all NATO Enterprise users through wired access capability.
- NATO Enterprise Internet services shall provide a minimum of 3 Mbps throughput per user.
- NATO Enterprise Internet services shall provide hosting for NATO websites.
- NATO Enterprise Internet services shall provide Internet access scalable to increasing demand of network traffic.
- Enterprise Internet services shall provide enough capacity for mobile users, predicting situations that most of NATO workforce might work remotely…”