G2X TAKE: Beating out two other bidders, Fortune 500® technology integrator SAIC, driving our nation’s technology transformation offering high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions, continues its support of the Department of Commerce’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration with the award of a new blanket purchase agreement. This contract, valued at $48M, was competed using GSA MAS.
- SAIC brings recent wins with DOC NOAA to include a $9M JPSS Cloud Environment task and a $6.5M High Performance Computing Support Services task.
- SAIC made news again this summer on the M&A front, this time announcing it would be acquiring digital transformation leader Halfaker and Associates. This move followed its prior recent acquisitions of Unisys Federal for $1.2 Billion; and the $2.5B acquisition of CIO-SP3, OASIS, and Alliant 2 Prime Engility in 2018. Earlier this Spring, SAIC had also announced a move intended to strengthen its AI and Analytics Capabilities with the Acquisition of Koverse.
- In 2019 Unisys was awarded a $144M NOAA Cloud Initiative BPA to deliver enterprise-level, commercial Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) in support of NOAA’s business and mission operations. More here.
- For over 20 years, Unisys has built and sustained the Weather Data Center and Hub out of their Malvern, Pennsylvania, technology center. “Unisys is the only company maintaining a satellite data transmission feed alongside the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA’s) satellite feed, allowing extra reliability for clients and subscribers. Unisys’ NOAAPort Gateway system was one of the first weather ingest and processing systems built to ingest satellite weather feeds at speeds of up to 100 MB per second, allowing users to immediately access information from the new NOAA weather satellites.” Read more here.
- SAIC has also made a number of strategic hires over the past year or so to include tapping Michael Scruggs to be Senior VP of Artificial Intelligence; recruiting Christina Saxon as Vice President, Business Development; seeing Allison Patrick returning to SAIC as VP of Programs (DHS); recruiting business development leader Sankar Kasiraman as Director, Capture Management; recruiting transformation leader Blake Nelson as Vice President of Platforms and Cloud Solutions; and tapping Mary Collins as VP of Business Development, Defense and Civilian Sector.
- SAIC was named to the list of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
RFP ID: 1305M321QNRMA0021
Referenced IDV ID: 47QTCA18D006H
Award ID: 1305M321ANRMA0003