Notice ID: NRC-RES-2020
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is issuing this Sources Sought Synopsis as a means of conducting market research or as a market survey to determine the availability of potential qualified vendors with the technical capability to provide all management, supervision, administration, and labor for the Modification, Operation, and Maintenance of the Radiation Exposure Information and Reporting System (REIRS) and the Employee Exposure Database System (EEDS). The REIRS database provides the NRC with data for use in research studies and evaluation of licensee performance. In combination with other sources of information, such as the Nuclear Material Event database; Monthly Operating Reports for Power generation, operational status, reactor type, age, outage data and duration; and the occasional topical reports in the Health Physics Society Journal, the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation, and IAEA when relevant, the data reveals facts and trends related to routine occupational exposures to radiation and radioactive material that occur in connection with certain NRC-licensed activities. EEDS contains occupational radiation exposure information on NRC employees, as these employees, at one time or another, were issued radiation dosimeters to monitor their occupational radiation exposure. Specific activities will include the following:
- System modifications and guidance revisions of REIRS, and maintenance of EEDS which includes support for database access tools for NRC staff to access dosimetry records in the system and use of query tools to develop reports,
- Data maintenance of the licensee reporting database, processing of data from NRC Form 5, “Occupational Dose Record for a Monitoring Period,” into the REIRS database, quality assurance and quality control for the REIRS database,
- Update of NUREG-0713, “Occupational Radiation Exposure at Commercial Nuclear Power Reactors and Other Facilities,” preparing the draft and final reports of successive annual volumes of NUREG-0713,
- System operations and management of REIRS, management of radiation exposure on the Internet-based REIRS website
- General technical assistance for database inquiries and emergent REIRS related activities, and
- Attendance in annual meetings/conferences on occupational radiation exposure.