The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) intends to issue a full and open competitive requirement for a contractor to provide Public Web Site Delivery and Continuity of Operations The following is a scope of work for the upcoming requirement:
- The objective of this contract/order is to acquire commercially hosted Content Delivery Network (CDN) services to maintain the following business objectives and legal requirements currently provided:
- To deliver the NRC Public Web Site (the Site) without interruption to users in each primary Internet Service Provider (ISP) world-wide (except where prevented by local governmental restriction or lack of permanent Internet connection)
- To optimize the delivery of requests and responses passed across mobile networks
- To ensure all requests for Site content and their associated responses are delivered securely using NRC-approved Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates and in conformance with HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS)
- To ensure that the Site fully supports the IPv6 protocol while simultaneously continuing to serve users who make requests using the IPv4 protocol
- To protect the NRC origin servers from malicious requests, and limit the frequency of requests from automated sources using contractor-maintained rate-limiting protections and source lists tailored to NRC requirements, while…”
The contract will consist of a base period of performance from June 01, 2019 through May 30, 2020, plus nine one-year options to extend the term of the contract. An award is anticipated on or about May 20, 2019. The government intends to award a single contract resulting from the solicitation but reserves the right to make multiple awards.